The Author's Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Short Story [It will be turned into a novel]

3 posters

Go down

Short Story [It will be turned into a novel] Empty Short Story [It will be turned into a novel]

Post  crg1999 Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:56 am

Okay, so here's the deal. Originally I made this for my vocabulary homework, and then my teacher asked for the next installment as the third one... so I've decided to make it a novel... but right now it's in a short story novel thing. x) Just, enjoy lol:

From the dirt crusted in her lanky fingernails to the thick, chestnut braid crawling down her back- you couldn’t call this girl anything but ravishing. Her glimmering eyes sparkled like the rich, jade gem that melted into her pale, mud crusted forehead. She glided across the wilted forest ground, sprouting wobbly sunflowers and choppy grass. Furry rabbits leaped into the active woods while painted butterflies weaved through the oak trees that stretched to the beryl sky.
The girl waded through the sod, humming an entrancing melody of bird harmonies. A smooth red cardinal plunged from the thick brush of the nearest tree, stealing a place right on the girl’s freckled shoulder.
I sorrowfully tried to swipe away the heartbroken feeling paddling in the pit of my stomach. This delicate creature was on my roster for wanted immortals. I regretfully sighed, washing away any bit of resent that hung in the humid air. As much as it disturbs you to asunder this magnificent girl from her territory, you’re withering family needs you right now, I solemnly thought. I shrugged off any last specks of doubt, and while she was pondering what to amend next, I surged down, sending a quiver through the fresh Earth. My faded black, padded boots clamored against the moist ground as I made my way to the lean girl.
“Take one more step,” She hissed, “And you’re dead.” I gave a short, sour life - trying to make it seem that this petite girl could not hurt me – but my laugh was empty of trenchant tones. I could feel her smile as she added, “You think you’re so broad... so brave... Let’s face it, I can hear your agitated heart pounding in your chest.” Hatred burned in my stony, gray eyes and I knelt down to pounce on her. Just as I was about to rise into the air, a voice rang into my mind, “Don’t do it.” My hot breath caught in my breath, but I backed off too listen. “It’s what she wanted, and you know it. She has something planned.”
The girl whipped around with chilling eyes and a cold smile wiped onto her face. “Too scared?” The venomous words danced right off her lengthy tongue and cut me like sharp daggers. I effaced any signals of uneasiness or regret, and I decided this was it... no more procrastinating. She shot me down with crystal, forest green eyes and abruptly plummeted into the air, diving into the nearest looming tree that towered over me. She swiftly blended into the quavering leaves that scurried in the fuming wind. A light rain dotted the outline of the trees and rapidly shifted into a soaking downpour. My smooth, leather jacket clung to my freckled arms and my ripped jeans hung on my groomed legs like fifty-pound weights. I slugged towards the tree, rows of harsh shivers prickling my narrow back. Neurotic, witchy laughs echoed in the now gloomy woods as I straddled the thick trunk and scampered up the tree. My fingers felt like icicles, each touch to the sleek bark sending pain vibrating to my core. I tried to evade thorns sticking out, but once in a while I would prick my finger and rich blood would flow down my pale fingers.
“You’re almost there,” the monotone voice in my head pursued, edging me up the long tree. I wondered where I would be now if that comforting, gentle voice hadn’t helped me. Just as I was thinking that, the voice added, “You should really block your thoughts,” the pitch turned higher, more familiar, “it’s easy to temper mortal’s minds.” Cold fear gripped my body, and before I knew it, I grabbed onto an icy patch of the tree, and began harshly sliding down the tree, my legs flailing- my arms holding on to the tree with a grip so hard it pained me. Something told me I was going to die. Giving up, I loosened my hands, and almost immediately I felt a jolt of pain course through my body... as I laid on the icy ground; a wicked, exquisite face staring down on me, with jade green eyes.

Comments?
crg1999
crg1999
Admin

Back to top Go down

Short Story [It will be turned into a novel] Empty Re: Short Story [It will be turned into a novel]

Post  NinjaKay Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:58 pm

You write, so good. Shocked Ahaha, its an amazing story so far. I love it!♥️ Very Happy
NinjaKay
NinjaKay
Admin

https://theauthorsasylum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Short Story [It will be turned into a novel] Empty Re: Short Story [It will be turned into a novel]

Post  Burrito Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:23 pm

My brain just exploded.
Burrito
Burrito

http://burrtioshead.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  crg1999 Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:28 pm

Burrito wrote:My brain just exploded.

Woah o.o
crg1999
crg1999
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Burrito Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:12 pm

crg1999 wrote:
Burrito wrote:My brain just exploded.

Woah o.o
That's how much skill you have. It makes brains explode.
Burrito
Burrito

http://burrtioshead.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down