The Author's Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Bird Story - by crg1999

3 posters

Go down

A Bird Story - by crg1999 Empty A Bird Story - by crg1999

Post  crg1999 Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:36 pm

Just a short story that I did for my school. I thought it was good so I decided to post it here to get some feedback and shiznizz. Please don't be rude, or I will erase your post. You don't have to be all gushy either, though Laughing

---------------------------------------------

My wings, airy in the soft wind, carried me to the tall pine trees that captivated my home. My chattel brushed slightly in the wind as it picked up, the wind conducting a beautiful melody with the leaves. The moon guided the way through the thick branches as I landed into my lonely home. Everyone always thought birds had the easy life, that they could fly around and be safe... but it was aloof, nothing going on... nothing to be protected from.
I snapped my attention to the edge of the long branch, as a leaf under the light weight of a hummingbird ruffled. Tranquilina, the tiny, sky blue hummingbird, stepped into the summer glow of the moon, with a sorrowful look on her petite face. She had a beautiful mix of colors along her back, which only added to her gorgeous figure and bubbling personality. My broad voice called out into the open wind, “What’s wrong? I rarely ever see you so sad, love.” I teased as she fluttered over across the branch.
A faint smile crept across her lips, burning genuine in her eyes. “Ekon, you always know a way to a girl’s heart.” But she always said that, she never realized that she could break a boy’s heart just with a glance into the eye... she only saw them as friends.
“Why are you here?” I asked, staring into her dark, illuminated eyes.
She gave a look of disappoint, and whispered, “You know why.”
“I thought you found a home, somewhere to raise Jamille.”I said in a voice as cold as the wind that rose Tranquilina’s feathers.
She glanced away, her bold eyes now cooling down into lament. “They tore it down, I built on a tall oak tree, but they have new plans for the city on the other side of the river.” Humans felt they were the dominate species. Tranquilina and I barely survived the painfully long years that still stretched out ahead of us. All around us our homes were destroyed for themselves, not realizing that our species were quickly running out. The forest was empty except for the two of us. Or at least that’s what we thought.
~~~
Sunlight flooded into the small alcove, but that was not what had wakened me. A cacophony echoed throughout the dim forest, hiding the location of the sound. Tranquilina’s chest gently rose up and down in a rhythmic pattern, almost luring me back to sleep, but almost the instance the sound stopped- it resumed, snapping me back into the cold reality that I knew as my life. I soared out of the tree and down to the mucky Earth. I glanced around for a trace of any movement, but only the short grass swayed in the morning air. I was about to spring up when a voice etched in age called out from the fog hovering above the ground.
In a sputter of coughs, I barely made out the wheezy words, “I need your help.” As he emerged fully from the thick fog, it looked like the old eagle had flew straight from the stone age. He was incongruous with the rest of the young, scattered birds. He wilted like a flower, slightly hunching over his gleaming white feathers. His eyes sagged down with time, but still kept the glowing amber captivated in them.
“With what?” I slurred, scanning the once again restless forest.
“Ekon,” he whispered, shutting his eyes, “The world as we know it is going to end in a pit of despair. A war will emerge, and the humans and birds will fight for themselves. But we can stop it,” He sharply opened his eyes, “Well, at least you can. You are the only one existing who can feel any emotions, but if everyone felt love for one another... then our world will not be destroyed.”
It took a moment to sink in. “How am I supposed to-?”
He roughly cut me off, “Ekon, you will discover the answer soon. All physics do.” Physics... the word bounced around my head. I remembered reading a book that included it, but I wasn’t entirely sure. My confusion obviously flashed on my face as the old man answered, “You have the power to control people’s thoughts, Ekon. You can save the world.” The man started to flap his wings, but I had one last question.
“What’s your name?” I whispered, dazed at the strong muscle of his wings.
“Alonso.” Alonso, without turning back, soared into the sky, as I watched him until we was so small he no longer appeared.
“Who was that?” Tranquilina’s raspy, dark voice called out. I jumped, I could barely recognize her voice, was she mad? Was she sad? I thought about it until she repeated, “Who was that?”
I glided up, landing centimeters in front of her. “Just a man, who needs my help.” I started to walk around her but she blocked my way, obviously frustrated in something.
“Ekon, don’t trust him.”
I gave her an insane glare and she sighed, as I walked back into my small home.

I was no connoisseur in reading minds, but it was easy to figure out. I set my mind on Tranquilina’s personality, well, everything about her, and thoughts started to float restlessly in. I shouldn’t have left Jamille with my parents... Worry slithered in that thought, but anger sizzled in another: Ekon is going to get himself hurt messing with this man, I just hope he comes to his senses before he realizes who he is. I sighed and sat back against the smooth tree trunk just centimeters away from the door.
What was so wrong with this man? I tried to push into her mind, maybe she would think about an answer. In response, a different, glowing thought rushed in. I peered into it too see an image, a little bird with soft, colorful wings... and an older bald eagle. But the bald eagle was hitting the young fledgling with a harsh glare. And then it all clicked.
I rushed in to see Tranquilina slashing and fighting the thin air, and when she turned I saw the scars on her shoulders from a fight. She had never said what it was from, but I knew it was a whip that burned on her shoulders. Alonso standing over Tranquilina was burned in my mind. I walked back out, thinking that I was so stupid to believe a man who had hurt the love of my life. I walked out to the edge of the extending branch and watched the city sparkle in the dark. I wondered what would happen if I went along with Alonso’s plan...

----------------------------------
Just A Few Fun Facts!

~Tranquilina’s name means “calm/peaceful”, to match her personality and appearance.

~Ekon’s name means “strong/strength”.

~Jamille’s name means “beautiful”.

~Alonso’s name means “old/aged” because he is an old bird.
crg1999
crg1999
Admin

Back to top Go down

A Bird Story - by crg1999 Empty Re: A Bird Story - by crg1999

Post  Burrito Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:18 pm

LOL "Because he is an old bird."

Anyway, glad to see you added on to it! Unless you just didn't post that part in chat. :]
Burrito
Burrito

http://burrtioshead.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

A Bird Story - by crg1999 Empty Re: A Bird Story - by crg1999

Post  NinjaKay Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:35 pm

Very nifty Casey! Very Happy
NinjaKay
NinjaKay
Admin

https://theauthorsasylum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down